LOGR53 NEW BOARD SETUP
Last update: 04 Nov 2002
1> VMLOGR53 Rev D PC Board (also Rev C artwork)
- Clip Pin 6 of P1 (key)
- Install CR2032 battery
- Install 27C512 EPROM with LOGR53 V2.10 or later firmware
- Install shorting block @ JP1, 1-2 (sets console interface for RS232)
- Install 8 MB FLASH Card for test (or final ?? MB FLASH card if available)
2> LOGR53IF Rev B PC Board (also Rev A artwork)
- Clip Pin 4 of P1 thru P10 (key)
- Clip Pin 6 of P11 (key)
- Clip Pin 6 of P12 (RS232 console connector key)
- Clip Pin 6 of P20 thru P23 (key)
- Install shorting block @ JP11, 2-3 (AUX Power) and JP12, 2-3 (485/TTL) (alternatively, use wire-wrap jumpers)
- Remove U12 (MAX487)
- Use #22 bare solid wire to add jumpers at socket U12 (TTL to Seimac) as follows:
- U12-1 to U12-7
- U12-4 to U12-6
Initial System Startup and Manufacturing Configuration
1> Hook up with standard ASIMET-style RS232 console
- power & comms to P12 on LOGR53IF board
2> Power up with +12v supply
- IMPORTANT! Monitor +12V current - look for about 10 - 20 MA - something NOT TOO BIG!!! NO 1/2 AMP STUFF HERE!!!
3> Wait for startup message to finish
- After "Waiting to Sync...Running" message, there may be some additional delay if start up time
causes logger to start module acquisition while no modules are attached.
4> Don't forget CR (carriage return, i.e. ENTER) terminator for commands
5> Send #H to get a Help message
6> Once you get a response to the 'H' command, send #STOP to stop logging
7> Send #UOK to get to EEPROM Setup (User-accessible area)
- Send ADR=LOGR to set instrument address (NOT USED currently, but MUST be set)
- Send RI=60 to set logging interval to standard 60 seconds
- (AUTOIMET Firmware only) Send AVG=6 to set NOAA/SEAS averaging to 6 minutes
- (AUTOIMET Firmware only) Send ON=15 to set NOAA/SEAS rf modem ON time to 15 seconds.
- Send WRTOK to write new values to EEPROM
- Send ABORT to quit without writing if you get confused!
*** NEXT STEP FOR MANUFACTURING ONLY ***
*** NOT PART OF USER COMMAND SET *** PLEASE DO NOT PUBLISH ***
8> Send #MXYZZY to enter Manufacturing only EEPROM Setup
- Send M=LOGR53 to set Model info (15 characters max)
- Send D=ddmmmyy to set Manufacture Date to ddmmmyy (7 characters max, i.e. 12APR99)
- Send S=nnnn to set Serial Number to nnnn (7 characters max)
- Send WOK to write new values to EEPROM
- Send Q to quit without writing if you get confused!
9> Send #CLOCK=yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss to set RTC to current time
- If your entry is good, the date and time will be echoed back in response.
- If you make an entry error, clock will not be set; you'll see a ? response.
- If you realize you've made an entry error (no editing!), just hold down the ENTER key til
you see a ? response and try again.
10> Cycle power to force re-read of EEPROM on startup
11> Send #STAT to confirm 60 second logging interval, as well as:
- FLASH card detection - if 8 MB card is installed, message should indicate this!
- good date/time as set previously.
- good firmware version number and serial number.